The Guild is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
The Guild may change this policy from time to time by updating the Privacy Notice page on the website. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes. This policy is effective from 15th March 2012.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Individual name and company name.
- Contact information including email address, postal address and telephone numbers.
- Advertising preferences, qualifications obtained and training attended.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- To promote your company and the services you offer by publishing name, address and telephone details on the website.
- We may use the information to improve our services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new courses, industry news or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email and postal address which you have provided.
- We may share your contact details with third parties that are relevant to the industry for example associate members whose goods or services are of interest to you.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps, c/o LK Saunders, Old Farm Office, Copley Hill Business Park, Cambridge, CB22 3GN.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.