We want every Guild Member to be as successful as possible. To do this we are continually evolving our member services and are always at the forefront of any changes or legislation in the marketplace. The Guild is run by very experienced members who have a thorough understanding of the industry. Perhaps more importantly, they understand how to support you in your business.
Becoming a member of a forward thinking co-operative organisation puts you at the forefront of the industry. Being better trained and informed ensures your customers are better served, which means your business works better for you.
Continuing support and prominent advertising on the Guild website will help your business thrive. Strong leadership and innovative member services from a social and co-operative organisation mean you can feel proud to belong.
With benefits like these, we know that the customers of Guild sweeps are the safest, cleanest and happiest chimney owners in the country. They are more likely to recognise your value, more likely to book you again and more likely to refer your services to others.
If you would like further information you can visit the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps website, or get in touch with one of our team:
The combination of lockdown and cold weather means people are at home using their fires for many more hours per week. Unfortunately for some, this will result in a potentially dangerous chimney fire.
Properly maintained fires and chimneys are very safe but a Carbon Monoxide alarm is there to warn you if something goes wrong. Ask your local professional chimney sweep about CO alarms. A good alarm costs... View Article
Getting your fire up to temperature quickly reduces unnecessary pollution and it's also rather satisfying.
EMILIANO Sala’s death in a tragic plane crash has brought the issue of carbon monoxide in aeroplanes to the forefront of national news. The Argentinian football star was on his way to begin a new... View Article
IF YOU have recently moved into a new home – you may want to study these photos closely. The pics were taken by respected Guild member Alec Osborn, who covers the Hereford area, after he... View Article
CANCER was once an occupational hazard for chimney sweeps. And as if that wasn't bad enough, cancer of the scrotum was a particular problem.
McCauley, aged 5, with mum Adele. He died alongside his grandparents (below) _ PERHAPS it sounds dramatic to say book a chimney sweep to protect your children’s lives from the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.... View Article
Guild chimney sweeps offer a friendly service but take their profession of protecting lives very seriously _ THE MODERN HISTORY of chimney sweeping, in the past 200 years or so, is full of merriment, mystery and... View Article
MONEY is the main concern for a mortgage company when a house buying survey is organised. The company want reassurance that there are no structural issues in the property, for which a buyer is seeking... View Article
CONSUMERS are often advised of the importance in installing a working carbon monoxide (CO) alarm – and rightly so. CO alarms give a level of reassurance to the householder that they will be alerted if... View Article
In case you hadn’t noticed(!) - Christmas is coming. It’s that traditional time of year when our heads spin with a massive list of Things-To-Do. And whatever we tick on that list, there’s always another thing to think of, and another, and so on.
Radio 4 presenter Steve Carver’s documentary on the run up to Christmas following a Cambridge Chimney Sweep!