This is just a snapshot about the life of a professional chimney sweep, George William Wragg, who died in the First World War
Last summer we reported on a “Dead Bird Scam” being run around West London and Home Counties.
Hookah or Shisha pipes can carry a real risk of carbon monoxide (CO) poisoning if they’re used in unventilated, closed-off rooms
Cleaning the inside of a chimney flue and removing creosote is a major part of your Guild sweep’s work. Yet it would be entirely inaccurate to say that is all it entails.
YOU probably aren’t aware of a big event happening in the chimney trade this week - the annual trade exhibition by the Guild of Master Chimney Sweeps.
Chimney sweeping may have a rich folklore heritage but its importance lies predominantly in what the trade is all about: saving lives
WOOD pellets seem harmless enough but if they are not stored correctly - they could kill you.
An increase in chimney fires in January concerns firefighters.
IT’S FAR too easy to forget that your chimney needs regular sweeping by a professional.
Make sure your chimney is in good form before you buy, arguably via your own professional survey. Any solid fuel appliance also needs a review.
... there’s a danger that comes with CO detectors, which is simply relying on them too much