Getting your fire up to temperature quickly reduces unnecessary pollution and it's also rather satisfying.
EMILIANO Sala’s death in a tragic plane crash has brought the issue of carbon monoxide in aeroplanes to the forefront of national news. The Argentinian football star was on his way to begin a new... View Article
IF YOU have recently moved into a new home – you may want to study these photos closely. The pics were taken by respected Guild member Alec Osborn, who covers the Hereford area, after he... View Article
CANCER was once an occupational hazard for chimney sweeps. And as if that wasn't bad enough, cancer of the scrotum was a particular problem.
McCauley, aged 5, with mum Adele. He died alongside his grandparents (below) _ PERHAPS it sounds dramatic to say book a chimney sweep to protect your children’s lives from the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning.... View Article
Guild chimney sweeps offer a friendly service but take their profession of protecting lives very seriously _ THE MODERN HISTORY of chimney sweeping, in the past 200 years or so, is full of merriment, mystery and... View Article
MONEY is the main concern for a mortgage company when a house buying survey is organised. The company want reassurance that there are no structural issues in the property, for which a buyer is seeking... View Article
CONSUMERS are often advised of the importance in installing a working carbon monoxide (CO) alarm – and rightly so. CO alarms give a level of reassurance to the householder that they will be alerted if... View Article
In case you hadn’t noticed(!) - Christmas is coming. It’s that traditional time of year when our heads spin with a massive list of Things-To-Do. And whatever we tick on that list, there’s always another thing to think of, and another, and so on.
Radio 4 presenter Steve Carver’s documentary on the run up to Christmas following a Cambridge Chimney Sweep!